Saturday 4 October 2014

Keats, Wordsworth, Byron? Huh...

Y'know, there I was making my regulation morning frappé today when I was struck by just how much I love that desktop "whizzer" that we bought back toward the beginning of summer this year. It has to be the best twenty Euros we ever spent.

It even made me come over all poetic...

ODE TO MY WHIZZER-MACHINE

I had a Mini one time
I've had an Apple Mac or two
I have an iPod
Now there's a nice thought,
but when I need a frappé
in the heat of the day
this is the best thing that I ever bought…

OK I love my guitar
Perhaps a nice choccy bar
But there are moments when I feel really fraught,
No matter what else I own
Even the plants that I've grown
can't match the best thing that I ever bought.

When you're passing a day
at home in work or play
and that certain hour arrives
When you ought
to stop and take a mo'
to relax and go slow
You need the best thing you'll ever have bought... 


I know, I know, you've gone all watery-eyed now eh? 

1 comment:

  1. Stick to prose, you're much better at it!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete