Thursday 6 March 2014

A Book, A Beach and a Bashed-about Bar (but actually, in reverse order!)

Well, our friend George, who owns the Pelican's Nest on Kiotari seafront (see this post) is flexing his biceps and setting to with a lump hammer even as I write this. Well, since I'm bashing the keys at just after midnight, let's say he will be at it again, come the dawn. He's discovered a very old set of steps in the centre of his terrace, beside which sits an extremely old mill stone too, so he's exposing them to create a new and more inviting entrance to his eatery for this coming season. He assures us that it will be ready in time, but this is how the place looked the day before yesterday...


As we walked past and I snapped this he shouted, "Be sure to do a 'before' and an 'after' won't you!!" You're on, George, you're on. I shall be sure to post a photo once you've got it all looking ship-shape again.

The coast was looking quite breathtaking too as we walked a couple of kilometres in both directions, which is why I snapped these...



The sea just now and then assumes that wonderful turquoise hue when it's been churned up and is in the process of settling down again.


I've been exchanging comments on this post with Di and Dave from Cheshire who've decided that their first visit to Rhodes this coming May will be spent staying at the Paraktio beach apartments, just down the hill from where I live. Just for you, Di and Dave, this is a shot in which you can see the apartments from a lane which my wife and I walk along several times a week during winter time...


That's them smack dab in the centre of the shot. See you in May!!

(Gentle reminder in case any RFR virgins are reading this. Clicking on any photo gives you a larger view. Once you have the larger view on screen, you can right click on "view image" in some browsers and even then you should see the magnifying glass as your mouse pointer, clicking on which enables you to further enlarge the image yet again.)


Finally, I'm extremely proud to announce that novel number two "A Brief Moment of Sunshine" is now available both as a paperback and in Kindle format from Amazon worldwide. If you'd like to know more about it, please click on the link to my website at the top of the left-hand column. On the page dedicated to the book (...that's a link right there anyway!) there's a link to the Amazon UK page where it may be purchased.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, John, The pic is beautiful and just for our benefit- even better.! Cant wait to get there and taking some snaps myself and finding 'The one' to dabble with my paints when I get home to reproduce it. Who needs a guide book when we have you...... ? ( but we have bought a brill map from Stanfords to tackle the roads in Rhodes). Di

    ReplyDelete